International Hospital Federation Young Executive Leaders
Please carefully read the information below before submitting your application.
Young executive leaders who have proven outstanding merit in healthcare management will enjoy a chance of a lifetime to exchange with peers on capital healthcare issues as well as to interact with talented thought leaders from all around the world. This is a tremendous personal and professional growth opportunity. The group will discuss current trends, challenges and opportunities for the healthcare executive leaders of today, creating an environment for vibrant and exciting dialogue.
We expect to create a group composed of 40 young leaders from various parts of the world which will work together for one year on a topic related to challenges in health service provision for the future.
This initiative will provide the selected young leaders an opportunity to share experiences, challenges and good practices, learn from other peers, work together on a relevant subject matter, and share their work with the international healthcare community.
Expected Outcomes and Benefits
Selected YELs will join a group of worldwide peers and decide to work on a specific topic. This topic is to be selected annually. Some examples are:
- Good practices in healthcare leadership
- Case studies and trend of evolution in healthcare leadership
- How can young leaders can better make a difference in healthcare organization?
- Institutional challenges: how should hospitals change to better take benefit of the 30-40 generation?
- What priorities for young leader's professional development to better face expected change in healthcare service provision?
Selected YELs will commit to:
- Work with peers to develop a position paper reflecting international trends and local variations on the chosen topic;
- Prepare a presentation for sharing highlights of this work during the World Hospital Congress;
- Actively participate to bi-monthly web meetings and do background work in support to the work of the group.
The IHF Secretariat will facilitate the exchanges and work by providing online tools enabling virtual meetings. The group will have to self-manage the organization of their meetings and workplan.
YELs will present their work during the World Hospital Congress. Face-to-face meeting(s) will also be organized amongst the group during the Congress.
The IHF will offer complementary registration to the IHF World Hospital Congress. It is expected that the travel expenses for the YEL's participation to the Congress will be covered by the Full Member and/or the applicant employer. The applicant will be responsible for his/her own accommodation and for any required visa applications.
The outcomes of their work will be published and disseminate globally to the community of IHF Members and the International Health Organizations.
After a year, YELs will be entitled of life long free Friends of IHF membership, which will provide them certain benefits to continuously be involved in IHF activities and to network with peers.
Young Executive Leaders wishing to join the IHF YEL initiative are invited to submit their application to the Admission Committee for consideration through this website.
Open for application : 1st February 2019
Application deadline : 5th April 2019
Notification to accepted/rejected applicants : 3rd May 2019
First meeting of the group : Will be scheduled before mid May
- All applications must be made electronically via this online platform. Click 'Create Account' in the menu above if this is the first time you apply.
- The application must be accompanied by the candidate's curriculum vitae.
- The application must be accompanied by the two letters of reference (see details under mandatory criteria) Download template.
- Applications sent by post or email will NOT be accepted. Previous registered users may use the same Login Credentials.
- The applicant is the sole contact for all correspondences regarding the application review and accepts responsibility to share information with both the employer and the IHF Full Member.
- All applications must be in English.
- Abbreviations and acronyms must be defined.
- Up to 5 supporting documents may be attached in the application but only Word, Powerpoint and PDF files are accepted. Total file size should not exceed 30MB
- The applicant is responsible for submitting a correct application. Any errors in spelling, grammar or content will be reproduced as typed by the submitter. No proofreading will be done.
- Applications can be saved in 'DRAFT' for re-editing and modification prior to submission. Only applications in 'SUBMITTED' status will be considered.
- After the application deadline, only requested changes by the Admission Committee reviewer will be accepted.
- All decisions by the Admission Committee regarding the applications are final.
Mandatory Criteria for Application
Applications that are not fulfilling one or more of the following Criteria will NOT be accepted
- The candidate must be from a country where IHF is represented by a Full Member;
- The candidate must have minimum 5 years’ experience in healthcare leadership/management position;
- The candidate must be maximum 38 years old;
- The candidate must speak English fluently;
- The candidate must have 2 letters of reference:
- One from executive representative of the IHF Full Member;
- One from executive representative of the current employer;
General criteria for assessment of applications
The following six criteria will be assessed by the Admission Committee:
- The candidate occupies a leadership position at higher level of the organization.
- Letters of reference express that candidate has proved excellency.
- Candidate has indicated solid leading change experience.
- Expected personal contribution is well expressed and relevant.
- Expectations for the group are clearly set up by the candidate.
- Suggestions for group work are very meaningful.
Applications will be submitted to the review of the Admission Committee, a group of recognized healthcare leaders from different countries. Applications will attribute to reviewers randomly, but the reviewer will not be from the same country of the candidate.
The Committee will review the applicant's profile using the online platform.
Each application will be reviewed independently by two different reviewers based on a rating scale.
Personal data protection and copyrights
- By submitting your application, you agree that your data is shared with the Admission Committee who will review your application.
- If you are selected to join the YEL, you agree that your data is shared with the other members of the group.
- If you are selected to join the YEL, you agree that the IHF Secretariat has all copyright in and to the outcomes of the work done within the YEL group, and all rights therein, including but not limited to the right to disseminate it in different formats (presentations, social media posts, articles, etc.) through any IHF publishing platform (website, social media, journal, newsletter, etc.).
- The online form is compatible with all up-to-date browsers (Explorer, Chrome, Firefox)
For further information please contact:
Subject: Application YEL