The IHF World Hospital Congress is a unique global forum where multidisciplinary exchange of knowledge, expertise and experiences in health sector management and service delivery is facilitated. This forum brings together leaders, gurus, delegates and participants conversant in healthcare policies and reforms, management practices, financing trends and solutions, quality and safety, to engage in constructive dialogue on best practices and innovations in hospital and healthcare management and leadership aimed at improving the overall health and wellness of our patients and communities.
Hosted by the Ministry of Health of the Sultanate of Oman, the 43rd World Hospital Congress will be held on 7 - 9 November 2019 in Muscat, Oman with the theme: People at the heart of health services in peace and crisis, with the following sub-themes:
- Resilient health services:
- Best practices for preparedness and responses to disasters, outbreaks and cyberattacks
- Mitigating consequences of conflicts and terror attacks to continue serving all especially vulnerable groups
- Operating under severe resource constraints
- Leading practices reflecting systematic approaches to learning from crises and trauma
- Violence in the workplace
- Health investment for prosperity
- Exploring governance practices driving better efficiency and relevance
- What management and leadership can do for increased efficiency and outcomes
- Inter-professional leadership for cost effectiveness and quality improvement
- What are the impacts of hospitals in the local and national economy
- Future of hospitals in an economically constrained world
- Innovation for health impact
- Removing barriers to innovation with change management
- Hospital Technology Assessment to speed up innovation adoption
- Embedding collaboration with industries for health innovation
- Procurement to accelerate and develop innovation
- Enhancing digital health services in the virtual space
Submission of Abstracts
Health sector leaders and professionals wishing to present their work, orally or as a poster, at the 43rd World Hospital Congress are invited to submit an abstract to the Scientific Committee for consideration through this website.
Submitting an abstract gives you the chance to showcase your work and achievements to the international healthcare community. Successful abstract authors will also be considered for publication in the IHF Journal and present in an IHF Webinar. Accepted posters will also have a chance to compete in the best poster competition at the Congress.Please carefully read the information below before submitting your abstract.
- All abstract submissions must be made electronically via the online submission form in this website. Click 'Create Account' in the menu above if this is the first time you will be submitting an abstract.
- Abstracts sent by post or email will NOT be accepted. Previous registered users may use the same Login Credentials.
- The account user is the sole contact for all correspondences regarding the abstract review and accepts responsibility to share information with all other authors about its status.
- The Congress language is English. All abstracts submitted for paper presentations or posters must be in English.
- All abstract submissions must follow the template Download Template
- Abstracts should contain no more than 500 words.
- Only one table may be inserted in the abstract, which contents will be included in the word count.
- Graphics and images may NOT be inserted.
- Abbreviations and acronyms must be defined.
- Up to 5 supporting documents may be attached in the submission but only Word, Powerpoint and PDF files are accepted. Total file size should not exceed 30MB
- The account user is responsible for submitting a correct abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific fact will be reproduced as typed by the submitter. No proofreading will be done.
- Abstracts can be saved in 'DRAFT' for re-editing and modification prior to submission. Only abstracts in 'SUBMITTED' status will be considered.
- After the submission deadline, only requested changes by the Scientific Committee reviewer will be accepted.
- All decisions by the Scientific Committee regarding the abstract submission are final.
General criteria for assessment of abstracts
- Presents an experience and knowledge sharing opportunity for the global healthcare community.
- Addresses major issues of importance according to the 2019 Congress overarching theme: People at the heart of health services in peace and crisis
- Will be of practical benefit to an audience of decision makers in charge of health service delivery organizations.
- Findings presented will generate information that could be useful in advancing global health and healthcare.
- Materials and methods are well presented and analyzed, with appropriate case studies.
- Is not too clinically focused.
Financial support policy
- No honorarium or financial support will be provided to authors for abstracts accepted for paper presentations or posters.
- Authors wishing to present their paper or poster at the Congress must register to attend by paying a special discounted registration fee (Free Paper presenters - 40% discount; Poster presenters – 25% discount). The registration must be completed on or before 15 July 2019.
Presentation at the Congress
- The author(s) of abstracts included in the programme and presented at the Congress provide permission to the International Hospital Federation (IHF) to publish the abstract, author details, posters and/or slides electronically and in other formats.
- Non-registered presenters will have their presentation/poster withdrawn from the programme.
- Specific guidelines for accepted abstracts for paper presentations and posters will be sent together with the acceptance notification letter.
- Any change of presenting author should be communicated in writing to email@example.com. It is the responsibility of the submitter or original presenter to ensure one of the co-authors takes over the role.
- Accepted authors are responsible for any required visa applications.
- The form is compatible with all up-to-date browsers (Explorer, Chrome, Firefox)
For further information please contact:
Subject: Abstract submission