The Call for Abstracts for the 42nd World Hospital Congress is now closed.
The IHF World Hospital Congress is a unique global forum where multidisciplinary exchange of knowledge, expertise and experiences in health sector management and service delivery is facilitated. This forum brings together leaders, gurus, delegates and participants conversant in healthcare policies and reforms, management practices, financing trends and solutions, quality and safety, to engage in constructive dialogue on best practices and innovations in hospital and healthcare management and leadership aimed at improving the overall health and wellness of our patients and communities.
Hosted by the Australian Healthcare and Hospitals Association, the IHF 42nd World Hospital Congress will be held 10 to 12 October 2018 in Brisbane, Australia with the theme: INNOVATE | INTEGRATE | INSPIRE – How can healthcare evolve to meet 21st century demands?, with the following tracks:
- From Volume to Value - examples of relevant topics could include:
- Value-based care
- Patient reported outcome and experience measures
- Achieving funding value
- Preparing for transformational change
- From four walls to the neighborhood – examples of relevant topics could include:
- Integrated health care (hospital and primary care) case studies
- Funding and structural support systems for integrated care
- Universal health care
- Developing partnerships and relationships between health providers
- From information to intelligence – examples of relevant topics could include:
- Health technology and security
- Use of “big data” and artificial intelligence
- Personalised medicine
- Data informed decision making
Further information on the Congress tracks is available at: http://event.icebergevents.com.au/whc2018/program-overviewSubmission of Abstracts
Health sector leaders wishing to present their work, orally or as a poster, at the IHF 42nd World Hospital Congress are invited to submit an abstract of no more than 500 words, by using the online submission form to the Scientific Committee for consideration.
Open for abstract submission20th November 2017Submission deadline15th January 2018 (EXTENDED to 31st January 2018)Notification to authors (to author's email address)15th March 2018
- The Congress language is English. All abstracts submitted for oral or poster presentation must be in English.
- All abstract submissions must be made electronically via the online submission form in this website. Click the Register button above to create an account.
- All abstract submissions must follow the template Download Template
- Abstracts sent by post or email will NOT be accepted. Previous registered users may use the same Login Credentials.
- Accepted authors are responsible for any required visa applications. Further information on visas is available at: http://event.icebergevents.com.au/whc2018/visa-applications
Please carefully read the information below before proceeding to the online submission of abstracts.
General criteria for assessment of abstracts:
- Presents an experience and knowledge sharing opportunity for the global healthcare community
- Addresses major issues of importance according to the 2018 Congress overarching theme : INNOVATE | INTEGRATE | INSPIRE – How can healthcare evolve to meet 21st century demands?
- Will be of practical benefit to an audience of decision makers in charge of health service delivery organizations
- Findings presented will generate information that could be useful in advancing global health and healthcare
- Materials and methods are well presented and analyzed, with appropriate case studies
- Is not too clinically focused.
Financial support policy:
- No honorarium or financial support will be provided to authors for abstracts accepted for oral or poster presentation.
- Authors wishing to present their abstracts accepted for oral and poster presentation at the Congress must register to attend the Congress by paying a special discounted Congress registration fee (AUD 1,000 – a 40% discount on standard). The registration fee must be paid on or before 30th June 2018
General and Technical Requirements:
- Conflict of interest: Author(s) must declare any potential conflicts of interest when submitting their abstract.
- After the submission deadline, only requested changes by the Scientific Committee reviewer will be accepted.
- Poster content should include introduction, objectives, material and methods, results and conclusions
- Poster dimensions should be A0 - 841mm (33.1") wide x 1189mm (46.8") tall but a PDF version in A4 size should also be made available for possible reading on a computer/mobile device screen.
- Only abstracts in "FINAL SUBMISSION" status will be considered.
- All decisions by the International Scientific Committee regarding abstract submission are final.
For further information please contact:
Subject/Reference: Abstract for 2018 WHC